Monday, December 15, 2014
Now until December 31st use the code xmas2014 at checkout and receive 10% off the total cost. Includes all galleries, print sizes, and products.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Sunday, November 9, 2014
|Morning Fog | 2014|
Monday, November 3, 2014
|Chautauqua Trail -|
Canon EOS 5D Mark II, f/11 @21 mm, 1/160, ISO 200
Spent a day hiking the Chautauqua Trail in Bolder Colorado. The weather was perfect and the color on the trees was better than back home in PA.
Picked up a Clik Elite Venture 30 pack for this trip and I was not disappointed. I've been looking at Clik bags for awhile, but didn't have an excuse to to buy one, until now. Not going to review the bag here, but I might in the future. It isn't perfect, but it worked for the gear I have currently and the near future.
The trail starts gradually and works its way to the Flat Iron trails and a few others. The Flat Irons are visible in the photo above, shot as we started out. Below is a shot looking at the angle of the hill with Boulder in the background.
|Chautauqua Trail -|
Canon EOS 5D Mark II, f/11 @17 mm, 1/400, ISO 200
|Flat Irons - Canon EOS 5D Mark II, f/10 @40 mm, 1/320, ISO 200|
|Bolder - Canon EOS 5D Mark II, f/8 @17 mm, 1/640, ISO 200|
Sunday, November 2, 2014
Tried playing around with focus stacking this afternoon. This was the second attempt. It's not a very hard process, but I was shooting at a pretty bad time. Losing light fast at the end of a very windy day, meant long exposures and only the rocks were cooperating standing still long enough.
Canon 17-40L @ 21mm | F16 | 8.0 seconds | ISO 100
Five shots at various focus distances. Blended in Photoshop and developed in LightRoom.
- Edited the five shots identically in Lightroom adjusting the lens profile, white balance, slight brightness and contrast, sharpening, etc.
- Selected all the images and exported to Photoshop and opened as layers in a single composite.
- Auto aligned layers in Photoshop (though wasn't really necessary since it was shot on a tripod).
- Auto blended layers as a stack
- Saved and then slight additional editing in lightroom (dodging & burning).